Moved NAS to new case - won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTDJassen

Dabbler
Hey Guys,

I moved my functioning FreeNAS set-up to a new case (ASRock Q1900DC-ITX, 3x WD Green 2TB, 16GB Non-ECC mem).

Because I'm generally a retard, I forgot to write down which hard drive was connected to which sata port, so most likely stuff's mixed up. I don't know if this is an issue for FreeNAS.

I boot from USB (Kingston 16GB, no issues earlier). When I boot the system from my new case, it hangs at boot and gives the error:

Error: checksum verification failed
Error: you need to load the kernel first

Failed to boot both default and fallback entries.
(see this fig)

Is this most likely:
a) Due to a corrupt boot medium (e.g. my USB drive?)
b) Due to a different configuration of my hard drives?

If the answer is b), is there a way to quickly scan which drive was connected to which port, without physically adjusting each port.

It goes without saying - I'm a retard, remember - that I have no recent backup of my config.

Excuse my retardness, I'm much obliged with any help :smile:.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Whatever sata port the drive was in before has zero bearing on the pool. Metadata is written to the disk and uses that to mount the pool. Sata port numbering means nothing.

Sounds like your boot media might be bad. Install to a new USB and upload your config.

MTDJassen

Dabbler
Thanks, this indeed was the case. Fresh install, now configuring everything and my pool is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.