Move pool to different drives and back again?

warriorcookie

Explorer
So, I've read a number of different posts to try and piece together what I'm trying to do here.

Pool Data1 is encrypted. Fun while it lasted, but a pain in the ass so I'd like to remove the encryption. Typical, I know.

I'd like to make sure I understand the process and have anyone point out if I'm about to do something wrong. I have backups in cold storage I'd like to avoid using.

-I created another (un-encrypted) Pool on another set of drives: Datatemp
-As I understand it, I can't just copy/replicate over the entire Pool, I have to replicate each dataset separately?
-Set a one time replication task for each dataset from Pool Data1 to Pool Datatemp. Set new snapshots for Datatemp.
-Export/Disconnect Data1.
-Create new Pool Data1, destroying the original.
-Replicate Datatemp datasets' snapshots back to Data1

Assuming I name all the datasets the same and the pool is named the same can I assume everything will go smooth? Is there anything I need to check as far as permissions go? I have iocage jails and nextcloud database on here along with a couple of datasets that are only accessed through SMB and NFS.

As I understand it, I can't just copy/replicate over the entire Pool, I have to replicate each dataset separately?
As long at the system dataset is not on the target pool, you should be able to replicate the entire pool. Refer to this post for further details.

warriorcookie

Explorer
As long at the system dataset is not on the target pool, you should be able to replicate the entire pool. Refer to this post for further details.

Thank you! I wasted so much time not realizing this. When I created the new pool, freenas automatically changed the system dataset location to the new pool as the original was encrypted. I kept getting errors everytime I tried replicating. Moved it to my boot pool for now.
Started replicating the entire pool and it's happily working away now.