Motherboard suggestions?

LeoLevosky

Cadet
I've been running TrueNAS on an HP N54L microserver and it has been wonderful.

Now I'm running out of disk space and I'm thinking of building a new machine. It needs to support 9 disk drives as I already have a case that can hold that many.

The board has to be ATX or microATX.

I'd also like to install a satellite TV card, TVheadend and Jellyfin if this is possible on TrueNAS. Transcoding shouldn't be necessary as I save files in formats that my devices can play but it would still be nice to have just in case.

I was looking for an embedded board with an Epyc 3000 but they all seem to be mini-ITX and my case can't take one of those plus I'd like the option to add extra PCIe cards if posssible. I found an Asrock board that seemed to do what I want but it doesn't seem to be available.

My other requirement is for it to not use too much power as I just received my electricity bill and it is not good!

I'm in the UK and I've found the process of searching for server boards very frustrating. I've looked at Asrock, Tyan and Supermicro websites and it is like looking for a needle in a haystack. I can't find any good UK sites that sell server motherboards but that is probably a failure on my part.

Any suggestions?