Missing storage space on volume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,
I've looked through numerous missing disk space posts but none seem similar to my issue.
I was cleaning up and deleted a hidden directory with about 500gb that was stuff I had sent to trash or recycle.
Now I can not reallocate or defrag that space. I have scrubbed and rebooted and I don't know what to try next or even what logs to post? It shows my 4tb drive as 3.3tb in the storage tab of Freenas 11. Any help appreciated...

warriorcookie

Explorer
Hey all,
I've looked through numerous missing disk space posts but none seem similar to my issue.
I was cleaning up and deleted a hidden directory with about 500gb that was stuff I had sent to trash or recycle.
Now I can not reallocate or defrag that space. I have scrubbed and rebooted and I don't know what to try next or even what logs to post? It shows my 4tb drive as 3.3tb in the storage tab of Freenas 11. Any help appreciated...

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing? Also need more details on your setup. Specifically number of drives, size, pool config, etc.

A 4TB drive will always show as less than 4TB. Also there's ZFS overhead that can vary depending on your config...

NZ_JJ

Dabbler
Also remember that if you are using snapshots, the free space will not become available until all snapshots with that data have expired or been removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.