Minio plugin in TrueNAS Core - dataset not working

EtienneB

Explorer
Hello,
Has anyone succesfully been able to install and use the Minio official plugin in TrueNAS Core 12u8.1?
I used to have minio installed in a jail pre-minio-console version and that worked fine.
But to keep up to date, I installed the plugin which has the console function in it.
When I add a mount point of my /mnt/tank/s3storage dataset to it, I can't find out how to have that accessible in the new Minio.

We used to have a /etc/rc.conf file with the variable like minio_disks="/mnt/s3storage" in it that worked fine.
Now there is a minio_env="the keys etc"variable in it, but when I add minio_disks to that, that fails.

I am also no able to find any minio log files. The log file in the Minio Console is not telling much.

So in short:
1) How to have any dataset working in the Minio Plugin as a destination?
2) Any steps needed to convert my older "s3storage" dataset so that is works in the new Minio Plugin with console?

I preferred not to use the S3 Service as I like to have a separate IP for my Minio server.

I did see this thread:

Though, honestly I don't get why you need the S3 service in a combo with the Minio plugin, but perhaps that is my failure.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Etienne