MinIO and Prometheus

Try cp /usr/local/etc/minio/certs/*.crt /root/.minio-client/certs/CAs and cp /usr/local/etc/minio/certs/*.crt /mnt/<your pool name>/iocage/jails/prometheus/root/usr/local/etc/ssl/certs.
which shell should i try that in, MinIO, Truenas, or Promethus?

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Both did not work. But is it possible I can just do this without needing a certificate? Or maybe it's not installed correctly?

Samuel Tai

If you're running the S3 service with a certificate, there's guaranteed to be a certificate at /usr/local/etc/minio/certs. I'm sorry, but I can't help you any more than I have. You don't have the skills necessary to operate TrueNAS, not least of which is you don't have a proper foundation in the Linux command line nor how certificates work. This will only end badly if you persist, and you'll lose your data.

It's not running the S3 service. Just the MinIO service. I disabled S3 service when you said I didn't need it. It still worked after disabling it, so I assumed it was fine. Perhaps all these certificates commands were not needed I guess?

I've been using TrueNas without issue for numerous years, and never needed to know Linux to get it working. Even setting up MinIO was without linux, and was easy. This is the only time that apparently I need to know linux commands.

Samuel Tai

It's not running the S3 service. Just the MinIO service. I disabled S3 service when you said I didn't need it. It still worked after disabling it, so I assumed it was fine. Perhaps all these certificates commands were not needed I guess?

I've been using TrueNas without issue for numerous years, and never needed to know Linux to get it working. Even setting up MinIO was without linux, and was easy. This is the only time that apparently I need to know linux commands.

See that's part of the problem. I've been referring to the S3 Service under Services->S3 all this time. (This is just MinIO under the covers.) You've been confusing this with the MinIO plugin.

Plus, this isn't Linux; it's FreeBSD, which is a different dialect of Unix.