Minimserver on TrueNAS Scale?

AudioDoctor

Cadet
Hello everyone. I currently have a TrueNAS Mini XL running Core. I am aware of the discussion around getting Minimserver running on that, but I am more curious about if it would be easier to get Minimserver running on Scale, and if anyone has had success getting that to work? This is the last piece of my puzzle that will make TrueNAS perfect for me.

Thanks.

danb35

Hall of Famer
There's a recent thread about "Linux jails", and you might be able to get it running there. Otherwise, the best bet I can think of would be a VM, of whatever OS you like.

AudioDoctor

Cadet
There's a recent thread about "Linux jails", and you might be able to get it running there. Otherwise, the best bet I can think of would be a VM, of whatever OS you like.

I am not sure if that would even work, much less how to set that up.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Since I mentioned two possibilities in the post you quoted, I have no idea what "that" refers to in your post. A VM certainly ought to work. Whether the "Linux jail" would, would be something you'd need to determine. "How to set it up" would naturally depend on which solution you're talking about.

AudioDoctor

Cadet
"that" means both of those things. I could learn, sure. Do I want to? Not really. I want to listen to music.