Use tailscale app to access truenas web UI, apps and shares on my tailnet

NahsiN

Dabbler
Hello, after successfully migrating from Truenas Core to Scale, I followed Step-by-Step Guide: How To Setup Tailscale on TrueNAS SCALE to setup the tailscale app on my Truenas Scale. My goal is to access the web UI, apps and shares from any machine on my tailnet. During app setup, I set the hostname as `truenas-mini-3-e-tailscale`. I can successfully ping `truenas-mini-3-e-tailscale` from any other machine in my tailnet however I'm unable to ping other machines from the shell in my tailscale app. As per the instructions, I set `192.168.0.0/24` under Advertise routes and checked the Advertise Exit Node box. Moreover, I am unable to access the truenas web UI or any of my shares.

It is my hypothesis that my issue is likely similar to the following issues:
I have read through them and tried a couple of things, but given my poor networking knowledge I'm still unclear on how to proceed and would appreciate some guidance. I am also aware that the official tutorial on Accessing NAS From a VM could be of some help. Specifically, I've the Freenas-Mini-3E and would like to know if this "If your system has more than one physical interface, you can assign your VMs to a NIC other than the primary one your TrueNAS server uses." could resolve my issue.

Thanks for reading. Any help is appreciated!

System Info
OS Version:TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.3.3
Product:FREENAS-MINI-3.0-E
Model:Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU C3338 @ 1.50GHz
tailscale app: version 1.50.0_1.0.18

Last edited:

NahsiN

Dabbler
UPDATE: I was able to get this working with the following settings
  • Advertise Route: 192.168.0.0/24
  • Unchecked Advertise Exit Node
  • Check Userspace
  • Unchecked Accept DNS
  • Check Host Network This is the setting I was missing before from my setup.
  • In tailscale web UI, make sure subnet routes for your machine is toggled on

amol196

Cadet
Hi

Thanks to your feedback I was able to access the TrueNAS web UI and Shares over tailscale... However can you help me to know How I can access the WebUI of apps like plex and syncthing as well as for now I am unable to access the same...

cybergroove

Cadet
Please use Reusable Auth key.
1708806963175.png