mini-itx motherboard with ecc and iris pro support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnpeeb

Cadet
Does anyone know if there exist any mini-itx motherboards with ecc and iris pro support?

I know there are several lga 1150 mini-itx motherboards with ecc support and that there are lga 1150 cpus that support both ecc and iris pro graphics. However, all of the of the lga 1150 motherboards with ecc support (at least, all that I can find) also have an ast2300 controller. ASRock's specs page for one such motherboard [1] has a warning that this controller is incompatible with integrated graphics. However, ASRock has a specs page for a similar motherboard [2] that also uses this controller but has no such warning. Furthermore, none of the other vendors I have found appear to have this warning, even though they all use an ast2300 controller.

TL;DR: Does a motherboard having an ast2300 controller automatically mean that iris pro graphics won't work? If so, are there any any mini-itx motherboards that support ecc and iris pro graphics?

[1] motherboard with warning http://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=E3C224D2I#Specifications
[2] motherboard without warning http://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=E3C224D4I-14S#Specifications

hertzsae

Contributor
Out of curiosity, why are you looking for iris pro support? FreeNAS is generally meant to be run headless and controlled over the network. I am unaware of how iris pro support would help a FreeNAS system. (in case its the reason, Plex does not use GPUs for transcoding)

johnpeeb

Cadet
I don't think freenas is an appropriate OS for you then.

Just share your files out with Windows.

I appreciate the suggestion. However, the reason I am asking about hardware is that I am looking to replace my existing Freenas/Windows dual boot setup which I have been pretty happy with. I'd prefer to just focus on the hardware question, rather than getting into a protracted discussion about software.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Supermicro has X10 boards for workstations, without IPMI and with support for desktop stuff like audio.

Edit: But not in miniITX format.

That said, this is a potentially unsafe scenario, so tread lightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.