MineOS plugin - failure Exception, unauthenticated GIT protocol

GDKitty

Cadet
Not seeing any posts about this at all, may be a more recent change. Most other posts are all prior to 2022.

Attempting to install mineOS on a brand new TrueNAS install (12.00-u8). Have the pools, etc all set up. Already been able to install Plex, etc.

When attempting to install the MineOS plugin, it gets to proximately 90, then halts with the following error:

Error: mineos had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: Last 10 lines: fatal: remote error: The unauthenticated git protocol on port 9418 is no longer supported. Please see https://github.blog/2021-09-01-improving-git-protocol-security-github/ for more information. Partial plugin destroyed

And does not continue/finish installing the plugin.

Any feedback would be appreciated

nfgrep

Cadet
I experienced this aswell.
My guess is that the plugin has some script that's trying to git clone some stuff as part of the plugin's dependencies.
Looking at what I think is the plugin source, it look like it does in fact call "git clone" in a couple of places: [1] [2]
Given the error, maybe just setting user.name and user.email to some values associated with a github account will do it?
A more robust solution might be to just grab the zip from github as opposed to cloning it.

GDKitty

Cadet
Thanks for the input.

Unfortunately, very new to this.
Not new to computers.. I am a sys admin working with windows environments for like 20 years... but never really ventured much into the unix/linux side of things.. so very new to those parts of it.

I have tried some of the separate instructions i have found out there to try and install it 'manually'. creating the jail separately, then running the commands to try and install it that way. But they all appear to fail at some spot as well. Not necessarily saying the same error, but could be.

coxdjustin

Cadet
Not seeing any posts about this at all, may be a more recent change. Most other posts are all prior to 2022.

Attempting to install mineOS on a brand new TrueNAS install (12.00-u8). Have the pools, etc all set up. Already been able to install Plex, etc.

When attempting to install the MineOS plugin, it gets to proximately 90, then halts with the following error:

And does not continue/finish installing the plugin.

Any feedback would be appreciated
seeing this as well.

nfgrep

Cadet
Thanks for the input.

Unfortunately, very new to this.
Not new to computers.. I am a sys admin working with windows environments for like 20 years... but never really ventured much into the unix/linux side of things.. so very new to those parts of it.
Well hey, welcome to UNIX land :)
I have tried some of the separate instructions i have found out there to try and install it 'manually'. creating the jail separately, then running the commands to try and install it that way. But they all appear to fail at some spot as well. Not necessarily saying the same error, but could be.
Yea I'd expect that it would fail so long as you end up running a git clone when you installed.

Looking at the page linked in the error, I think we would just need to change the git:// to https:// in the git clone .

Sure enough, the author of the plugin made these changes just an hour ago :)
Unsure how soon this change will be reflected in the actual plugin install though (if it just pulls the plugin from github it should be instant?)

Looking at the page linked in the error, I think we would just need to change the git:// to https:// in the git clone .

Sure enough, the author of the plugin made these changes just an hour ago :)
Unsure how soon this change will be reflected in the actual plugin install though (if it just pulls the plugin from github it should be instant?)

You are correct, this should work now. :grin:

Graknil

Cadet
I am getting an error trying to install the mineos plugin as well. I am not sure if I should post it here or in a new post. I refreshed the index and made sure there were no updates to TrueNas core before I installed the plugin with all default selections and a jail name of MineOS01

Error: MineOS01 had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: Last 10 lines: npm ERR! path /usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/diskusage npm ERR! command failed npm ERR! command sh -c node-gyp rebuild npm ERR! gmake: Entering directory '/usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/diskusage/build' npm ERR! CXX(target) Release/obj.target/diskusage/src/main.o npm ERR! gmake: Leaving directory '/usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/diskusage/build' npm ERR! gyp info it worked if it ends with ok npm ERR! gyp info using node-gyp@9.4.0 npm ERR! gyp info using node@18.18.2 | freebsd | x64 npm ERR! gyp info find Python using Python version 3.9.18 found at "/usr/local/bin/python3.9" npm ERR! gyp info spawn /usr/local/bin/python3.9 npm ERR! gyp info spawn args [ npm ERR! gyp info spawn args '/usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/gyp/gyp_main.py', npm ERR! gyp info spawn args 'binding.gyp', npm ERR! gyp info spawn args '-f', npm ERR! gyp info spawn args 'make', npm ERR! gyp info spawn args '-I', npm ERR! gyp info spawn args '/usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/diskusage/build/config.gypi', npm ERR! gyp info spawn args '-I', npm ERR! gyp info spawn args '/usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/addon.gypi', npm ERR! gyp info spawn args '-I', npm ERR! gyp info spawn args '/root/.cache/node-gyp/18.18.2/include/node/common.gypi', npm ERR! gyp info spawn args '-Dlibrary=shared_library', npm ERR! gyp info spawn args '-Dvisibility=default', npm ERR! gyp info spawn args '-Dnode_root_dir=/root/.cache/node-gyp/18.18.2', npm ERR! gyp info spawn args '-Dnode_gyp_dir=/usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp', npm ERR! gyp info spawn args '-Dnode_lib_file=/root/.cache/node-gyp/18.18.2/< (target_arch)/node.lib', npm ERR! gyp info spawn args '-Dmodule_root_dir=/usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/diskusage', npm ERR! gyp info spawn args '-Dnode_engine=v8', npm ERR! gyp info spawn args '--depth=.', npm ERR! gyp info spawn args '--no-parallel', npm ERR! gyp info spawn args '--generator-output', npm ERR! gyp info spawn args 'build', npm ERR! gyp info spawn args '-Goutput_dir=.' npm ERR! gyp info spawn args ] npm ERR! gyp info spawn gmake npm ERR! gyp info spawn args [ 'BUILDTYPE=Release', '-C', 'build' ] npm ERR! In file included from :400: npm ERR! :12:9: warning: '_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI' macro redefined [-Wmacro-redefined] npm ERR! #define _GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI 0 npm ERR! ^ npm ERR! :7:9: note: previous definition is here npm ERR! #define _GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI 1 npm ERR! ^ npm ERR! In file included from ../src/main.cpp:3: npm ERR! ../../nan/nan.h:2536:8: warning: 'SetAccessor' is deprecated: Do signature check in accessor [-Wdeprecated-declarations] npm ERR! tpl->SetAccessor( npm ERR! ^ npm ERR! /root/.cache/node-gyp/18.18.2/include/node/v8-template.h:837:3: note: 'SetAccessor' has been explicitly marked deprecated here npm ERR! V8_DEPRECATED("Do signature check in accessor") npm ERR! ^ npm ERR! /root/.cache/node-gyp/18.18.2/include/node/v8config.h:460:35: note: expanded from macro 'V8_DEPRECATED' npm ERR! # define V8_DEPRECATED(message) [[deprecated(message)]] npm ERR! ^ npm ERR! In file included from ../src/main.cpp:3: npm ERR! In file included from ../../nan/nan.h:2884: npm ERR! ../../nan/nan_typedarray_contents.h:34:43: error: no member named 'GetContents' in 'v8::ArrayBuffer' npm ERR! data = static_cast(buffer->GetContents().Data()) + byte_offset; npm ERR! ~~~~~~~~^ npm ERR! 2 warnings and 1 error generated. npm ERR! gmake: *** [diskusage.target.mk:112: Release/obj.target/diskusage/src/main.o] Error 1 npm ERR! gyp ERR! build error npm ERR! gyp ERR! stack Error: `gmake` failed with exit code: 2 npm ERR! gyp ERR! stack at ChildProcess.onExit (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/lib/build.js:203:23) npm ERR! gyp ERR! stack at ChildProcess.emit (node:events:517:28) npm ERR! gyp ERR! stack at ChildProcess._handle.onexit (node:internal/child_process:292:12) npm ERR! gyp ERR! System FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE-p7 npm ERR! gyp ERR! command "/usr/local/bin/node" "/usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js" "rebuild" npm ERR! gyp ERR! cwd /usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/diskusage npm ERR! gyp ERR! node -v v18.18.2 npm ERR! gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v9.4.0 npm ERR! gyp ERR! not ok npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in: /root/.npm/_logs/2023-11-03T17_56_53_026Z-debug-0.log node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1080 throw err; ^ Error: Cannot find module 'daemonize2' Require stack: - /usr/local/games/minecraft/service.js at Module._resolveFilename (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1077:15) at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:922:27) at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1143:19) at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:119:18) at Object. (/usr/local/games/minecraft/service.js:3:14) at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1256:14) at Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1310:10) at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1119:32) at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:960:12) at Function.executeUserEntryPoint [as runMain] (node:internal/modules/run_main:86:12) { code: 'MODULE_NOT_FOUND', requireStack: [ '/usr/local/games/minecraft/service.js' ] } Node.js v18.18.2 /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mineos: WARNING: failed to start mineos Partial plugin destroyed
CLOSE

TrueNAS-13.0-U5.3
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 0 @ 2.60GHz 32GB RAM

victort

Guru

Try this. The MineOS plugin is broken, as are most plugins.