MakeMKV mount usb optical drive

ncw1978

Dabbler
Hi I am trying to use makemkv to rip my bluerays onto my server and I am having trouble getting it to recognise my usb optical drive. Is there a mount option I have to put in the container .

I am pretty new to this server stuff so my linux knowledge is a bit laking.

Thanks

ncw1978

Dabbler
I have solved adding one drive to it in the resource section but I am struggling to get another device usb blu ray drive to show up to rip 2 off at the same time. Does anyone have any info on this.

Thanks

ncw1978

Dabbler
Both drives are usb and where working great but I have since made a mistake and deleted handbrake. Trying to get it working again

Arwen

MVP
Another person is doing something similar in the below thread. He is using MakeMKV and had it working. Then a power cycle to move things around, and now it no longer works.

Sawtaytoes

Patron
That's the issue I had. I eventually moved all those drives to my Windows PC instead. It was too hit-or-miss on TrueNAS.

ncw1978

Dabbler
I have it working for makemkv now added /dev/sr0 to usb config on the makemkv usb section on install and it works great

Martin Jones

Dabbler
I just followed the above guide and It works! I'm Astounded, over the moon and truly grateful. I have been working with FreeNAs for years and now I'm getting used to scale and Truecharts. I'm loving it. I hope I'm not tempting fate!!!!!!!!!

Martin Jones

Dabbler
Unfortunately no, I just added exactly what was in this guide

I'm not new, but fairly dumb when it comes to Linux so I was groping in the dark too. There is a piece at the bottom of the page that has an additional entry if it wasn't already set this way. It works so far