Lost my files, need to recover my media

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigsarge173

Cadet
Thank you in advance!
Let’s start with what happened.
The other night I was attempting to add a 3rd party add on to my plex. I followed a YouTube video using FileZilla. Well everything that could go wrong went wrong. Not only did I totally screw up the FreeNAS, I also messed up my PC and had to reset my PC. I was able to recover from that.
So when I went back into FreeNAS 11.0. I found that I lost all plugins and the file must have been corrupted. I could not even save a configuration. I was only able to sign into FreeNAS and see all my media files and jail. It was no longer communicating with with Plex.
So after that discovery, I decided that the best move would be to reinstall FreeNAS. I figured if I did the same set up all my media files would be there (Over 2000 movies and shows).
I’m sure you know where this is going. After the reinstall with 11.1, I was unable to find all my movies. I attempted to load volume from the storage button. That did not work at all. So of course I’m nervous about the recovery. So I am in hope that I can be helped.
I am a noob for sure, I am also a visual learner (Youtube). But I can follow instructions very well.

My server setup is as follows:
6 x 6tb Red WD all used for Plex
1 x 512GB M.2 WD for the Jail
1 x 32gd Intel SSD for FreeNAS
As I stated before, it now has 11.1

If I need to provide more information, please let me know.

Thank you,
Bigsarge

P.S.
If anyone knows the correct way to add 3rd party add ons for Plex, please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
What's the output from the command:

Code:
zpool import

?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Also:

Code:
zpool status

bigsarge173

Cadet
I'm lost, I opened shell in the command and put in zpool import. I restarted the server and I saw it said successful. Honestly, I do not know I am doing. I'm super lost and overwhelmed at this moment.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
What we will need to see is what the result of zpool import was... just running that command alone will only show you the available pools for import, it doesn't import anything unless you specify a pool name.

If you did specify the pool name, the output of zpool status will be interesting to see the condition or result of the import.

Without seeing some command output (either copy and paste from the shell screen or take a screen shot), it will be hard to provide further help.

bigsarge173

Cadet
What we will need to see is what the result of zpool import was... just running that command alone will only show you the available pools for import, it doesn't import anything unless you specify a pool name.

If you did specify the pool name, the output of zpool status will be interesting to see the condition or result of the import.

Without seeing some command output (either copy and paste from the shell screen or take a screen shot), it will be hard to provide further help.

bigsarge173

Cadet
I have attempted to alter every picture from the screen shots, no matter what I do this site says the file is too big. What can I do?

gpsguy

@Ericloewe do you know what an allowable picture size is? I seem there being an issue about the size last week.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
That problem is being investigated.

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
I have attempted to alter every picture from the screen shots, no matter what I do this site says the file is too big. What can I do?
I suggest using Imgur in the meantime; while the image size issue is being investigated...

https://imgur.com/

No need for an account, just upload the images and then copy/paste the URL in your reply.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
This has been fixed. Please do not use external image hosts.

bigsarge173

Cadet
0A806ED0-531A-4690-8B41-4FB87B900A09.jpeg
IMG_0347 (7).jpg

IMG_0347 (7).jpg

sretalla