BUILD Looking To buy these parts Are they Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
That RAM will work, as indicated in the X10 RAM sticky.

What would I change in my setup? To be honest, I'd hesitate to change much, since it's been working very well. On the chassis side, the Zalman MS800 is an interesting alternative. There are also other brands of hot swap bays, but I went with this specific model because it made it easy to replace the fans with thicker models, should the need arise (it hasn't, yet).
The only change I'd have made is to get an X10SL7-F instead of an X10SLM+-F. Of course, when I really need the extra SATA ports, I'll just grab an LSI controller. Still, it would be nice to have a few on standby.

As for the boot devices, people have been happy with those tiny SanDisks (Cruzer Fit, I believe). My Toshiba flash drives have also been working perfectly for a few months now.

bustersnm

Dabbler
Do i still need to flash the Firmware on the LSI SaS Controller for the SUPERMICRO MBD-X10SL7-F-O ? If i do could someone please post where i need to get the download from and possible how to go about doing it?
Also what Firmware Version would i need?
I did find the FAQ:
""""""""
[X10SL7-F] - The LSI SAS2308 flashing tool won't work under DOS

Some UEFI motherboards have trouble flashing LSI SAS 2008/2308 controllers outside of the EFI shell.

The easiest solution is to boot into the UEFI shell and use the sas2flash.efi tool.

Specific instructions should be similar to the DOS version of the utility, but be sure to consult the official documentation.
""""""""""""

If not thanks.

Build is together, Calling it a night in the morning i will be installing the Ram, CPU, and Fan... Then Boot up time!!!!

Picture attached Below!

Attachments

• 2015-05-02 00.03.27.jpg
    2015-05-02 00.03.27.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.