Looking for a socket 775 motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Well it's a long shot I know but I'm on the lookout for a cheap socket 775 motherboard for my pfsense router. My old P4 system that I was using died and I planned on using my old desktop as it's replacement but the motherboard in that died too. I've got 4GB of DDR2 and a core 2 duo E8400 just sitting here and I'd like to put them to use if I could.

The thing is it's going to have to be cheap, as in dirt cheap. It doesn't make sense to putting much money into this when it could go towards something new. Hence the cheap part.

Did I mention I'm looking for something cheap? :D

Anyone got anything?

Mlovelace

Guru
Well it's a long shot I know but I'm on the lookout for a cheap socket 775 motherboard for my pfsense router. My old P4 system that I was using died and I planned on using my old desktop as it's replacement but the motherboard in that died too. I've got 4GB of DDR2 and a core 2 duo E8400 just sitting here and I'd like to put them to use if I could.

The thing is it's going to have to be cheap, as in dirt cheap. It doesn't make sense to putting much money into this when it could go towards something new. Hence the cheap part.

Did I mention I'm looking for something cheap? :D

Anyone got anything?
I'll take a look at the office tomorrow I'm 90% sure I've got a LGA775 supermicro board sitting on a shelf.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Awesome.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Man I love this place. :)

Big thanks to @Mlovelace for hooking me up with a new (old) board.

To you I say:

thumb1_zpsr0emsul3.jpg
thumb3_zpszhkzgrtj.jpg

thumb4_zpsnjsafsaw.jpg
thumb5_zpsnapvmze0.jpg

thumb6_zpskzmssaqs.jpg
thumb2_zpsahc7m4ml.jpg

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
Beat me to it ... pretty sure I have at least one AW8D lying around, among others ... and a pile of DDR2 ... and a box of P4s ...

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
I figured I'd have a decent shot of turning up something here. Lots of like minds around this place and I knew I had to be in the company of fellow hoarders. Unfortunately life gets in the way and I haven't built or worked on anything in a while or I normally would have had something around that I could use. I had to borrow an old clunker from a buddy as a stand in until I can get my own router back in service.

Status
Not open for further replies.