Looking a manual for clonedeploy old plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

TombR

Dabbler
Hi.
Have anyone an old manual/guide/(copy) for install the clonedeploy plugin on the freenas?

Thanks for help.

D

dlavigne

Did you find one? If not, what error do you receive when you try to install or configure this plugin?

TombR

Dabbler
Hi. I don't know how to configure storage/dirs for jail and users/privileges for plugin. I have installed but not configured for use.

TombR

Dabbler
Yes, i have created/mounted storage in jail for clonedeploy. But i don't remember what's dirs i must create inside this jail and which users/privileges i must add for propertly work.
I added in a jail:
source /mnt/pool/cd_dp
target /media

Im using FreeNAS-11.0-U4
Thanks for help

jdd49

Cadet
Hello,
I'm the developer of CloneDeploy. The plugin was pulled a while back after the Coral fiasco. Until I get sense of where FreeNAS is heading, I've stopped development specifically for FreeNAS. I don't know if they are continuing with plugins or moving to Docker eventually. I'm not sure where you got the plugin, maybe sourceforge? But it is very outdated. Now that FreeNAS supports VM's, that is what I would use, and is personally how I do it. There is also Docker support for CloneDeploy if you can manage getting that installed on FreeNAS.

TombR

Dabbler
Hi,
Thanks for reply. You suggest to install clonedeploy into VM, so I must create VM with Ubuntu or CentOS 7? There are the manuals for both OS'es. Which OS can I choose? How can I connect VM with dataset in FreeNAS? Via NFS or CIFS? Will also run dhcp proxy on Ubuntu or CentOS?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.