transmission configuration questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

panicos

Dabbler
Hi,

I want to use my FREENAS as a torrent downloader and i have no ideea how (couldn't find any guide or specific suggestions). I recently saw the Transmission plugin and installed it. After reading in manual about configuring jails, i mounted the external storage path into the jail's dataset, turned on the plugin an tried to access it via Web Interface, using the plugin IP address and the port 9091. The operation doesn't work; i get the message "could not connect to IP:9091".
i searched for a configuration guide or a similar problem, but wasn't able to find one.

A second matter would be: what's the difference between transmission and couchpotato plugin? Do i have to use both or not?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

HolyK

Ninja Turtle

panicos

Dabbler
Hi HolyK,
I checked your post prior to my question, but still can't figure it out. I am o noob in this and i simply cannot understand all your indications; your post still doesn't fix my issue with accessing web interface.
I can't bring up ssh connection; server rejects authentication or smth like this. I don't understend why should i use ssh(i can use shell); i don't understand why should i conect to jails via ssh, and much more.....
Thanks

Makaveli6103

Contributor
Dont know if this was checked, but did you turn the plugin on? Click on plugins at the top then the installed tab.

Patpao

Cadet
Hi,

Is there a guide here where to edit settings.json on SSH?

Thanks in advace!

Status
Not open for further replies.