transmission + flexget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I know someone got this working before. My method uses the built in api instead of using the watched directory. I think flexget could be a great plugin that would supplement the transmission plugin.
Here's how I transmission + flexget to automatically download podcasts with .torrent links. You could also use flexget to download video/audio files from RSS feeds without the use of torrent/transmission.

*install transmission plugin
-add username / password
-forward TCP port 51413 to transmission so it can download faster

#jexec 1 csh
#easy_install flexget
#easy_install transmissionrpc
#mkdir ~/.flexget
#vi ~/.flexget/config.yml #paste in something like.. (check the flexget docs, spaces are important here)
___
presets:
global:
transmission:
host: 127.0.0.1
port: 9091
username: user
password: pass
set:
path: /mnt/media/videos/podcasts/
feeds:
las:
rss: http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/feeds/lasstorrent.xml
accept_all: yes
snap:
rss: http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/feeds/TechSNAPTorrent.xml
accept_all: yes
___
*create freenas cronjob to run 'jexec 1 flexget' whenever the podcasts come out (I couldn't get 'jexec -u transmission 1 COMMAND' to work, I would much rather do this as non-root user...)

debdrup

Cadet
I too have gotten transmission and flexget to work together, and it's absolutely awesome.

Ballzy

Cadet
Just a quick thanks.
Got this working with v8.2 after looking for an RSS auto downloader for weeks.

Nereme

Cadet
I am following this guide and I am getting to the bit where i am inputting the stuff into the config.yml (i think) and its acting very weird. to the point where when i hit enter after typing vi /mnt/Volume1/Software/.flexget/config.yml It doesnt seem to want to let me type it properly if flashes between the 2 photos i have attached randomly. Although after i have tired this it seems to do it every time i type anything into shell.

e.g

say i type vi /mnt/Volume1/Software/.flexget/config.yml into console the random flickering in shell makes me type vi /mnt/Volme/Sofwar/.Flxgt/confg/.yml

I know the problem isnt strictly related to flexget but the problem occoured after i first typed in vi /mnt/Volume1/Software/.flexget/config.yml so do you have any ideas?

also im guessing the console area i am inputting the config info into is the correct place. (i was hoping i could copy and past one i prepared in advanced in a txt doc thats all)

Pete

Attachments

• what the hell1.jpg
    what the hell1.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 487
  • what the hell2.jpg
    what the hell2.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 509

Nereme

Cadet
I think I have managed to sort the config file issue now.

for one the shell isn't having the problem anymore (yay) and after playing with permissions i found the .flexget file in the file path /mnt/Volume1/Software/.flexget and i manually created a txt file that i put my config in and renamed it config.yml. ( can i just check this should work shouldnt it?)

the only issue I have now is i run a 'jexec 1 flexget' command and I get the message that is in my picture which i am guessing means flexget is looking in the wrong place for the config file. As i am really new to all this. is there a command i can type to make it look to where I have put the config?

cheers
Pete

Attachments

• missing config file.jpg
    missing config file.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 446

Wolfeman0101

Patron
Is this still the best way to get RSS feeds into the jailed Transmission? I want to get uTorrent off my windows box and RSS feeds are a huge reason I can't switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.