Owncloud Plugin guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hmm, I'd see what you can do with occ. My family accesses everything through owncloud from their desktop/phone/browser.

this should be what you need to use occ, the first part only needs to be run once
Code:
chsh -s /bin/sh www

Code:
cd /usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/www/owncloud
/usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/bin/php ./occ

ovizii

Patron
This is a bit of a pita so I've moved to the owncloud forums. Will update this thread if I find any solution.

It looks like when creating an external file storage I can't specify the folder name???
Code:
 /usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/bin/php ./occ files_external:create
  [Symfony\Component\Console\Exception\RuntimeException]
  Not enough arguments (missing: "mount_point, storage_backend, authentication_backend").

files_external:create [--user [USER]] [-c|--config CONFIG] [--dry] [--output [OUTPUT]] [--] <mount_point> <storage_backend> <authentication_backend>

If I read this right it would look like:
Code:
files_external:create --user myuser /mnt/files/myexternalstorage local null

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I don't have time to test but maybe you can kind of do what people use to do with the occ functions.
files_external:export > file
edit the file
files_external:import < file

ovizii

Patron
Thanks, more or less the same advice I got in the owncloud forums: https://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=36873 pointing me towards a blog which basically said: create the external storage, then edit mount.json and edit it to point to /

seeing that with OC 9.0 mount.json doesn't exist anymore (at least that is what I am reading) your way to export, edit, import seems the way to go. Haven't gotten around to test it yet, but hopefully tonight I will.

Rudi Pittman

Contributor
Anyone done a clean install of owncloud recently? I installed the plugin(owncloud 9.01) on latest stable 9.10 freenas and it shows a red "off" indicating the plugin is not running. I do NOT see it in the list of plugins on the left so I don't even get as far as creating the admin account. Not sure how to diagnose what has gone south on me. Any suggestions welcome.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Anyone done a clean install of owncloud recently? I installed the plugin(owncloud 9.01) on latest stable 9.10 freenas and it shows a red "off" indicating the plugin is not running. I do NOT see it in the list of plugins on the left so I don't even get as far as creating the admin account. Not sure how to diagnose what has gone south on me. Any suggestions welcome.
this probably isn't an issue with the plugin itself, but your plugin/jail networking. can you, from your owncloud jail ping other systems on your network?
one thing that always works for me is to disable VIMAGE for my jails, and assign an interface to them.

Rudi Pittman

Contributor
this probably isn't an issue with the plugin itself, but your plugin/jail networking. can you, from your owncloud jail ping other systems on your network?
one thing that always works for me is to disable VIMAGE for my jails, and assign an interface to them.

The jail is not getting assigned an ip address at all.

epair9b: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
options=8<VLAN_MTU>
ether 02:ff:70:00:0e:0b
inet 0.0.0.0 netmask 0xff000000 broadcast 255.255.255.255
nd6 options=9<PERFORMNUD,IFDISABLED>
media: Ethernet 10Gbase-T (10Gbase-T <full-duplex>)

I am unable to uncheck vimage. When I click to edit the jail and go to advanced I don't appear to be able to change just about anything. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious. Headphones, transmission, sabnzbd, sickrage, and couchpotato all setup fine each with their own ip address so I'm not sure what broke in the meantime other than the fact it upgraded to 9.10 from 9.03 stable.

*update* I played with this a while...if I uncheck DHCP I can set an ip address and netmask but it's still not getting assigned. I don't get how it can be an issue with my networking when the other plugins worked but I'd be willing to change whatever if I could find an example of what to change. Google just shows me peoiple doing this from scratch with various web browsers. I had owncloud up and running with lighttpd via entware-ng on my router in about 10 minutes but performance sucked because it was maxing out the router cpu. I wanted to move things to the freenas server since it's hosting the storage I want to share anyway but not making alot of progress. I even watched a video by you but it was just a flowchart talking about haproxy and other things that looked way more complicated than I wanted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.