Longtime FreeNAS user

Status
Not open for further replies.

unixinlaw

Cadet
G'day mates...

Name's Dan - hail from Perth West Australia.

Long time FreeNAS user - since version 6. Also been an on again / off again BSD user (NetBSD and FreeBSD, and pfsense and m0n0wall, and OpenBSD on a Sparc Ultra 5).

My first FreeNAS (6.x) machine was a Pentium D (or something like that) with 1 GB RAM booting FreeNAS off a CF card and 2 x 1TB HDD UFS mirrored using a Promise SATA RAID controller - about 9 or 10 years ago.

Updated to a HP NL-40 at the end of 2011 with 8 GB RAM booting off internal USB thumb drive and eventually 4 x 1 TB HDD in zfs zpool raidz1-0 (3 TB usable)... I'm a big fan of ZFS and have used it professionally in the past on Solaris sparc machines, and supported Oracle branded ZFS Filer appliances in enterprise environments.

I actually switched to one of the OpenSolaris based storage solutions on the NL-40 for a brief period - but soon went back to FreeNAS.

Anyway - signed up here - because for the first time ever - I've hit a wall with my FreeNAS install (issue with a raidz1-0 device becoming part of a stripe). I'm thinking I'm gonna have to rebuild my ZFS pool again from scratch...

m0nkey_

MVP
Welcome to the forums :)
I've hit a wall with my FreeNAS install (issue with a raidz1-0 device becoming part of a stripe). I'm thinking I'm gonna have to rebuild my ZFS pool again from scratch...
Oops. That will indeed require you to backup and rebuild your pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.