Locast2plex in scale docker container

oumpa31

Patron
Your second path for the ini should read as /app/config/config.ini. As that's the path inside the docker image

So like this

5) Host Path Volumes

a. Add hostPathVolumes
aa. Host Path: /mnt/test/Oden/locast2plex/config.ini
ab. Mount Path: /app/config/config.ini
b. Read Only: no
Thanks for your help i'll try that soon

oumpa31

Patron
So it tries to work then this pops up.

Playback Error
There was an unexpected error during playback. Please visit our forums if you continue to experience problems.

Do i have to change the ip address to a static one. so its not trying to connect to the server its self on the same ip.

shadofall

Contributor
No, that wouldn't cause a problem.

Did you make sure plex was looking at the proper ports? or did you let it "auto discover" looks like auto discover is wonky so i'd configure your plex manually HostIP:6077 (since your using host networking you can ignore the nodeport you had to set, its required to be set, but if host networking is selected you can access the normal ports) beyond that im out of ideas and thats such a generic error your likely in to log territory

Last edited:

oumpa31

Patron
ok thanks. I'll do a bit more fiddling around with it. i had connected to it using port 9000 and it came up with all the channels. so i thought i was good. guess not. but thats the fun of this right. lol

oumpa31

Patron
I think I figured it out. When I copied that config.ini file from my existing set up it didn't have all the extra stuff that initially comes with it. Once I copied the config_example.ini file from https://github.com/tgorgdotcom/locast2plex and put in all my information it worked perfect. I'll create a writeup that has all the information that is needed to set this up for anyone else that wants to use Scale and locast2plex.

Thank you @shadofall @ornias @waqarahmed @Kris Moore for all your help.

Is there like a How to Guides spot that I should post the guide to set it up?