Setting up Plex In scale?

oumpa31

Patron
I'm trying to do some testing and setting up Plex in TrueNAS Scale trying to get ready to switch over. I was able to get Plex to Install but when I go to the portal it wont let me access it. I logged out of my current Plex server and even used a different email to create a new account. All it says is I cant access it.
I created a user that has access to the same as the root user for this testing.
The next thing on my list was to get Locast2plex working and if I can the switch will be nice and easy. But I need plex to work first.

I'm not really sure where to go from here.

Please help

neodin

Cadet
I had the same issue on 21.02. Installing it with a claim token solved that.
However I can't get the file permissions right. Something with that seems to be different than in TrueNAS Core. Even if i chown everything to the plex user (assumed 972, just like in Core), Plex will only find the folders and not read the files.

oumpa31

Patron
I had the same issue on 21.02. Installing it with a claim token solved that.
However I can't get the file permissions right. Something with that seems to be different than in TrueNAS Core. Even if i chown everything to the plex user (assumed 972, just like in Core), Plex will only find the folders and not read the files.

what do you mean claim token

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
what do you mean claim token

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity

raskitoma

Dabbler
Take note that you must set the claim value just right before deploying the container. The claim code lasts for 4 minutes!