Limit jail bandwidth w/ weight by service(e.g. SAB/Transmission)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flar

Cadet
So, I'm on a shitty connection(8Mb/s ADSL) so having my downloads take up my entire connection is not an option. Now I have my sabnzbd do most of my downloading however I use transmission to pick up the slack that isn't up on any provider, this however creates the problem of limiting the bandwidth that these services are using and I just cannot for the life of me figure out how to manage this. My router(Asus RT-N66U has QoS but that seems to be complete crap).

I was googling this and pretty much all I could find was dummynet which I assume would work if it wasn't for the fact that all the sources I found pretty much linked the same article, which sepperated the different weighted services/branches by subnet which I cannot do(?) since everything is running from one jail and on the same subnet.

Is there a way to do this, limit global bandwidth to say 600Kb/s and weight/prioritize SAB/transmission in a 40/60 ratio, and perhaps even in a scheduled way(So that it 'unleashes' during the night)?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You should ask the SAB/Transmission guys that. We just provide the plugin, we don't support the software itself.

flar

Cadet
You should ask the SAB/Transmission guys that. We just provide the plugin, we don't support the software itself.

To prevent confusion, I'll just comment on here that this isn't what I'm trying to do but rather limit the entire jail.

indy

Patron
How about giving the jail IP a low priority in your router?

Status
Not open for further replies.