Transmission getting a different IP. Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alejometal

Dabbler
Hi everyone,

First some background:

I'm running Freenas 8.3.0-Release with transmission, miniDLNA and subsonic plugins. (my box: core i5 3.4ghz, 16Gb ram, 3x 1TB HDD, MSI Z77A-G43, etc.)
I also have a Linksys E3200 router with DD-WRT which is pretty awesome and capable of many thing (I've removed the original firmware). I have installed Astrill VPN on the router (pretty simple to get done). Furthermore, I'm using Dynamic Domain Name System (DDNS), a default feature of DD-WRT, to keep track of my actual IP (dynamic IP) and being able to access to my server from outside of my LAN (from my school or on the go). ZoneEdit is my DNS Host as I have my own domain. (I'm giving of this details in case some would like to do something similar.)

So I access to my router remotely through router."mydomain".com and to transmission, Freenas GUI and Subsonic through trans."mydomain".com, free."mydomain".com and mymedia."mydomain".com . when I have the VPN off.

When I turn it on, I cannot get access to any of the plugins(jail) anymore (from outside of my LAN), because I'm able to select which IPs get through the VPN and I've chosen to get the jail (e.g. IP 192.168.2.200) through the VPN. It is like that because I need to get transmission through the VPN. Of course I understand why I cannot get access to the jail anymore).

The problem is clear, If I'm at school and I want to access to subsonic to watch a movie or listen to music (while I'm downloading content with transmission {the VPN is on}) I can't, So I have to log onto freenas and turn off transmission, them log onto the router and turn off the VPN, and them I can get access to subsonic. So more or less I can't have both services running at the same time. Other Example, If I'm on the go and I want to add a new torrent, I have to turn off the VPN, then log onto transmission and add the torrent and finally turn on the VPN again which is not very secure. (well, I would be able to get access to the VPN as long as I'am able to isolate transmission in a different IP)

After all this story, here we go:

Is there any way we can give transmission a different IP or put it into another jail? I think being able to do that, is necessary and It would a pretty needed feature

Thanks,

Alejandro.

Status
Not open for further replies.