Transmission Plugin does not enable ratio limit by default

Status
Not open for further replies.

musiqslut

Cadet
Recently I received a massive bill my from my isp, due to the fact that I accidentally seeded for 1 TB on a movie I downloaded using the transmission plugin v 2.82.

The problem as it turns out was that, although I configured the "Global Seed Ratio" to 2 from the transmission web configuration in FreeNas, it was not enabled and nor is there an option to enable it. I assumed that it was enabled by default, but have since discovered it is not.

After setting the property "ratio-limit-enabled" to "true" in the settings.json file located at
/usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home, and re-starting transmission the ratio limit seems to be enabled.

This was a very costly mistake. Perhaps the default value for the property "ratio-limit-enabled" should be "true". Either that or the option to enable or disable should be added to the configuration web ui.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Probably shouldn't be enabled by default and it is in the webui. So I'm not sure what you are taking about?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Sorry to hear about that.
In the 2.84 update, I made it so some of the settings auto enable themselves when they are filled in (watch directory / incomplete directory/blocklist).

But, this isn't the case for 'global seed ratio' and especially not in the 2.82 plugin. I think to get rid of confusion I'll just remove the settings that aren't already available in the transmission webui.

####

At least in the 2.84 version you can enable the ratio in the transmission webui then restarting the service. In the 2.82 version of the plugin I don't think changes from this webui stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.