Kubernetes service is not running.

Cadet
Code:
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 382, in run
    await self.future
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 418, in __run_body
    rv = await self.method(*([self] + args))
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1131, in nf
    res = await f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1263, in nf
    return await func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/chart_release.py", line 466, in do_create
    await self.middleware.call('kubernetes.validate_k8s_setup')
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1310, in call
    return await self._call(
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1267, in _call
    return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/kubernetes_linux/update.py", line 336, in validate_k8s_setup
    raise CallError('Kubernetes service is not running.')
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] Kubernetes service is not running.

I installed the release candidate to bare metal. I then created pools 1 and 2, initially I put the apps location on pool 1. I used the move apps to another pool tool (apps were off during this). I tried to start the app/s after the app/s transferred and I receive the error "Kubernetes service is not running." I tried deleting the ix-application folder in storage, and re-add the applications to pool 2. I am trying to use the servarr docker apps. If more info is needed please let me know, I know very little anout Tuenas, this is my first Truenas system, I am coming from Synology.

Version: TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02-RC.1-1
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1660 v3 @ 3.00GHz
Ram: 200 gig ecc (6x 32gig + 2x 16 gig)
Motherboard: Supermicro X10SRH-CF
Storage: pool 1 (8x 14tb zfs2 hdd)
pool 2 (6x 240gig zfs2 ssd)

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
It's not clear how you "moved apps"... there is moving the data and then there is moving the kubernetes setup that points to that data.

I would suggest starting again and place the apps where you want them. if not possible, please be very clear about each step you followed for moving apps.

Trevor68

Contributor
Actually he has company, and I did nothing but come home from work to find both my apps missing, I figured just to reinstall them both, but now have the same error?
Code:
    await self.future
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 418, in __run_body
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/chart_release.py", line 466, in do_create
    return await self._call(
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/kubernetes_linux/update.py", line 336, in validate_k8s_setup
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] Kubernetes service is not running.

My Steps were RC1 to bare metal, create 1 pool with some SMB shares, install traefik and calibreweb then enjoy. Then update to RC1.1 then enjoy for maybe another week only to find this error?

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Actually he has company, and I did nothing but come home from work to find both my apps missing, I figured just to reinstall them both, but now have the same error?
Code:
    await self.future
    return await self._call(

My Steps were RC1 to bare metal, create 1 pool with some SMB shares, install traefik and calibreweb then enjoy. Then update to RC1.1 then enjoy for maybe another week only to find this error?
Thanks given there were no changes in the system, its likely to be a bug.... can you "report a bug" via Jira and then post the ticket number so it can be found.

Trevor68

Contributor

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
I don't know until after the bug is resolved... BETA version didn't seem to have the issue.

watermarkhu

Cadet
For me it seemed that deleting the ix-applications pool (unset, restart system, delete) and setting it up did the the trick.

Trevor68

Contributor
Good tip, I deleted the ix-applications pool, which failed to delete properly, due to docker images still running, but was enough to allow me to change the ix-applications drive. Originally I added it to a sata drive, then I deleted that and created it on a Msata drive, all without actually installing any apps, so no apps were moved, but it still didnt like it.
Now it is back on the orignal sata drive I can install apps again