SCALE - Kubernetes service is not running

jbarranco

Dabbler
I previously had pihole running in a docker container on SCALE. I left for two weeks for a vacation and there may have been a power outage which caused an unexpected shutdown (this is my only guess at the issue).

Yesterday, I added a new router to my network which changed my default route from subnet 1 to subnet 0. That made me want to jump in and confirm pihole was still running in a docker container - I was greeted with the message in the attached screenshot.

Below is the error I get when attempting to restart pihole from the official catalog

Code:
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 411, in run
    await self.future
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 446, in __run_body
    rv = await self.method(*([self] + args))
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1140, in nf
    res = await f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1272, in nf
    return await func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/chart_release.py", line 392, in do_create
    await self.middleware.call('kubernetes.validate_k8s_setup')
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1344, in call
    return await self._call(
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1293, in _call
    return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/kubernetes_linux/update.py", line 336, in validate_k8s_setup
    raise CallError(error)
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] Kubernetes service is not running.

SMB services still up and running - no issues there. Can access that from anywhere

I'm happy to provide any additional log files - but as a SCALE and Kubernetes newbie I have no idea what the cause of this might be.

There were a couple other forum posts regarding this issue, but none appear to have a resolution.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 795
  • Kubernetes-error.png
    Kubernetes-error.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,136

WN1X

Explorer
Check the Applications -->Settings-->Kubernetes Settings. You may have the wrong IPv4 gateway defined.

jbarranco

Dabbler
Thanks for the reply - I checked Kubernetes settings and Node IP is 0.0.0.0 which I assume is correct since its locally hosted on the SCALE server.

I updated the Route v4 Interface to be the Network Adapter ifconfig -a indicates has an IP assigned,

Also added the ip address of the DHCP server (router) as the Route v4 Gateway. I left the other settings as they were.

Still seems to be no progress. Same symptoms as above

Attachments

• kubernetes-settings.png
    kubernetes-settings.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,197
  • ifconfig-a.png
    ifconfig-a.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,170

jbarranco

Dabbler
Submitted ticket to Jira for this issue.