Keeps losing credentials

WMP58

Cadet
I have a new-build unit, using the latest TrueNAS. I have created a general user on it, and an SMB share. The TrueNAS is on a reserved IP. There are half a dozen Win10Pro (20H2) PCs on the network. I have mapped the SMB share (using the TrueNAS user credentials set up above) using the command:

net use x: \\192.168.1.193\MainData\htluser\Scans /user:nnnnnn pppppp /persistent:yes

(where nnnnnnnn pppppp are the credentials for the user created in TrueNAS) and it all works fine. For a bit. After working OK it then responds to any attempt to access it with a password prompt. Putting the correct password is rejected. However

net use x: /delete

followed by re-running the mapping command above works OK. For a bit. Then it’s back to the error. I have tried editing the credentials in credential manager & deleting the credentials and starting again. No help. This happens on all the Win10 PCs.

Effectively this makes the unit entirely useless – unless I can find a permanent fix in the next 24 hours it’ll have to go in the bin & be replaced with something that does work.

Any advice gratefully accepted.

WMP58

Cadet