Unable to copy FROM TrueNAS share to C:/ drive dirs in some cases after new windows 10 install TrueNAS 12.0-U8.1

testfire10

Dabbler
Hi folks. I upgraded some hardware on one of my workstations, and reinstalled win10. Previously, I've been using this machine to access my TrueNAS box without issue. I had the network drive mapped, and could copy/paste/use etc. the files on the share anywhere I liked without issue. I am doing this through SMB, and my credentials in windows credential manager match the creds and username of the SMB user in TrueNAS. (I have not changed any configuration settings in TrueNAS).

I find myself now unable to copy files, for example, anywhere on the C:/ drive of my workstation from TrueNAS, EXCEPT the 'user' folders like 'Downloads', 'Documents', 'Pictures', etc. I have to believe this is because of some permissions issue in windows, but I can't for the life of me figure out what. Here is an image of the error message when trying to copy from TrueNAS to any folder other than the ones I just mentioned:
1659236473955.png

testfire10

Dabbler
Now that I'm digging more... I tried this same thing on a laptop that is also mapped to the TrueNAS server using the same SMB creds, and it turns out, that doesn't work either. I guess this isn't something that I frequently try to do. At any rate, is it possible to fix this?

A little more background, where I first noticed this and figured I may have a permissions issue was when taking an executable downloaded to my TrueNAS system (which is where my browser points to for downloaded files), and running the executable, but to install the software locally on the workstations C:/ drive, I got some random errors and various installations wouldn't complete (Cinebench R23, for instance). This HAS worked in the past many many times, for example, I'll download nvidia graphics drivers to my TrueNAS machine, but the drivers themselves are installed to the local machine's C:/ drive.

testfire10

Dabbler
Sorry for multiple updates, but some software appears to install normally when executing from the Z:? drive (my network share name for TrueNAS), and some does not -
1659238626689.png