Jails definitely broken in 11.2BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaitand

Cadet
Where to begin... can't disable some capabilities on lagg0 error (same if I configure em0 directly instead), the conflict between uname -a reported version of 11.1 and plex jail version of 11.2, setting dhcp doesn't bring up bridge interface (suggested tunables for ifconfig_bridge0 and cloned_interfaces actually cause the interface to fail to come up on boot locking out the web interface), sab plugin is completely borked despite being a critical component for one of the most popular uses of this package. Of course the legacy interface is there but the plugins/jails capabilities are disabled. Most people who seem to have any of this working apparently had an old version they upgraded.

The same settings provide different results with the same hardware... last night attempting to install sab on a previous installation not only gave the priority, message error but actually caused every subsequent plugin installation attempt to do the same. This definitely is not idempotent.

I've used freenas 8, 9, and 10 and despite some quirks all have served me well and I thank those who work so hard on it. Certain aspects of the new gui are great this release is just early alpha grade. Why is this coming up as the latest stable release to download for those who need jails with no alternatives?

Below image is what happens trying to install the plex plugin.

upload_2018-7-28_20-59-43.png

danb35

Hall of Famer
Why is this coming up as the latest stable release to download for those who need jails with no alternatives?
It isn't a stable release, it's a beta. It says so all over. Why the FreeNAS download page says that only the beta handles plugins and virtualization is a question iX hasn't answered yet. @Bgadd? @Kris Moore?

nojohnny101

Wizard
These among many reasons is still the reason I'm on 11.1 u-4.

I am waiting patiently considering the debacle that Corral was and I realize that it is going to take a significant amount of rework to get everything up to date and stable again. They are rewriting a significant among of the underlying base and this takes time.

Consider rolling back.

shaitand

Cadet
I just walked away for a bit. Today I decided to poke back at this and I'd downloaded 11.1 but I saw an update available and decided to give it a whirl before reinstalling. Plugins/Jails are working now without tunables but I did have to create as DHCP and then change with your static settings. To me that is a reasonable workaround since it is a beta but the download page is still misleading as written.

Also installing the sonarr plugin actually gives me radarr. That is odd and annoying but had the upside of making me aware of the existence of radarr.

Status
Not open for further replies.