upgrade to 11.3 from 11.2 with plugin/warden jails problem

Dirk

Patron
I was not aware that 11.3 would pull access to the legacy interface and have been trying to sort out the problems between Sonarr and Sabnzbd for two weeks.

Many issues have been taken care of and at present Sonarr will pass the nzb, Sab downloads to /incomplete, anpacks and moves to complete. The folder in /complete has a standard naming, but the file inside is working, however still in obfuscated form. I believe Sonar at that point is suppose to rename and move to the /series folder (been working for years under 11.2)

Over in Sonarr the activity log shows the downloads as
Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /mnt/torrents/sabnzbd/complete/<show name>
My research says that that path was sent to Sonarr by Sab and that It is a path relative to Sabs jail, not sonarrs. Sab has a mount point to outside its jail of

/mnt/AllDrives/Media/Downloads

This leads me to believe that a mount point needs to be made for Sonarr to a point outside it's jail as well. My head is spinning just writing this.

Current mount points pool > mnt/AllDrives/media/downloads
/movies
/series
/music

Current jail mounts

Sabnzdb

sab.JPG

Sonarr

sonarr.JPG

Both Sonarr and Sab jails are running on the media UID (same UID in and out of the jails) and media folders have been set with permission for media group and user.

I believe it's mount issue and not a permission issue as I had done this before when it was set up back in 9.3 days.

Thanks in advance.

diedrichg

Wizard
You don't have a mount point to /mnt/AllDrives/Media/ set for your sonarr jail. If you did this single mount point then you would just need to make sure that the folder names match in both /mnt/AllDrives/Media as well as /{jailname}/root/mnt/

Since you have your app configs set as mount points I'd suggest installing Sonarr inside the SAB jail to keep settings and configs simple. It'll save a little bit of resources as well to just be running one jail rather than two.

Last edited:

Dirk

Patron
Thanks deidrichg. I figured that was it since Sab had mount point to outside the jail and downloaded files were visible at that point outside the jail. However, I also noted that the mount points for Sonarr were to the series folder (final resting place outside the jail) but nothing to where Sab had the completed downloads. You have confirmed what I thought but I'm still getting my head around Source and Destination on mount points.

I've got a second bigger more powerful media server under construction and it was my intent to start over and migrate to IOCAGE jails at that time, however, the upgrade to 11.3 kind of threw me in front of that unwillingly. If my legacy 11.2 were still available I'd be able to peek at the mount points for them and adjust for the new paths for 11.3 but have spent more time trying to get this to work than accessing config info from previous install (still there).

Dirk

Patron
Well, as an experiment I tried to create /mnt/AllDrives/Media/ (series directory is below it) and /sonarr/root/mnt/ (series directory below it) and the destination errors with "destination directory must be empty" I'm assuming this is left over from the 11.2 plugin install?

diedrichg

Wizard
Well, as an experiment I tried to create /mnt/AllDrives/Media/ (series directory is below it) and /sonarr/root/mnt/ (series directory below it) and the destination errors with "destination directory must be empty" I'm assuming this is left over from the 11.2 plugin install?
No. That's a correct error. You will want to rename the folders in /sonarr/root/mnt/series so that when you create the mount point there are no conflicting folder names. I would do
Code:
mv ~/mnt/series ~/media/

If I remember my CLI-foo correctly that will move the series folder from mnt to media (this is all happening within the sonarr jail). You'll then confirm that the mnt directory is empty... Or better yet, just start out by making your mount point point to the media folder.

Dirk

Patron
No. That's a correct error. You will want to rename the folders in /sonarr/root/mnt/series so that when you create the mount point there are no conflicting folder names. I would do
Code:
mv ~/mnt/series ~/media/

If I remember my CLI-foo correctly that will move the series folder from mnt to media (this is all happening within the sonarr jail). You'll then confirm that the mnt directory is empty... Or better yet, just start out by making your mount point point to the media folder.

I'm a bit fuzzy on source and destination on the concept. assuming source to be /mnt/alldrives/media/ (outside the jail), then where inside the jail should it point?

Sab is passing /mnt/torrents/sabnzbd/complete/showname/obfuscated.mkv to Sonarr so it's no wonder it cant find it.

Appreciate the help, this is the third lost weekend on this.

diedrichg

Wizard
I'll see if I can write something for you to help you out. I'll get to it asap