Kernel and userland version differ in 9.10 jails

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently upgraded from 9.3 to 9.10 and this weekend I have recreated all my jails to get the versions in sync.
In each zone's daily output report I noticed the following message:

Checking userland and kernel versions:
Userland and kernel are not in sync
Userland version: 1003000
Kernel version: 1003505

Seems uname -U and uname -K output differ:
$ uname -U
$ uname -K

Outside the jails they match
$ uname -U

The output of uname -a seems to be the same inside and outside jails ( except for the hostname of course )

Looks like this is just cosmetic or isn't it ?

Regards
Paul

m0nkey_

MVP
The release notes from 9.3 to 9.10 advised this would be the case. You need to pull down the jail template again.
FreeBSD Jails now default to a FreeBSD 10.3-RC2 based template. Old jails, or systems on which jails have been installed, will still default to the previous FreeBSD 9.3 based template. Only those machines using jails for the first time (or deleting and recreating their jails dataset) will use the new template.

Edit: Just noticed you have already done this. Don't worry about userland vs kernel. You can always keep packages up-to-date in the jail.

The release notes from 9.3 to 9.10 advised this would be the case. You need to pull down the jail template again.

Edit: Just noticed you have already done this. Don't worry about userland vs kernel. You can always keep packages up-to-date in the jail.
Hi

Updating it is the first thing I do after making a jail:
pkg update; pkg upgrade
So seems it's just cosmetic.
Could it be that I am now running 9.10.1-U2 and the jail template is based on an older version ?

Regards,
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.