Jailmaker Permissions

marshalleq

Explorer
Hi all, I've been setting up a new Jailmaker container, it all works, I can get docker running inside as well, but just having a few issues with the mounts. I have 4 mounts, three were working one wasn't - eventually in an attempt to fix that, I reduced it to only one working lol.

I'm very familiar with permissions across many OS's, before I go any further - does anyone have a working config example?

I mean:
Are ACL's supported? If so, in what mode? Passthrough etc...
I assume I have to create a matching account in the jail and in docker - but doing a test using root:root failed to work - perhaps there's a protection mechanism
I did find when I have the group 'users' on the TrueNAS host permissions, things seem to work, but that's not something I want for my docker configs and data.

Can anyone run me through what they do?

Many thanks,

Marshalleq.

marshalleq

Explorer
Well, it turns out I confused myself. Partly because I have more than one docker folder (docker and docker2) which seems simple enough, but when you map docker2 to docker inside what you thought was going to be like other containers, then realise you have to map it again inside the jail, to the docker container itself and then forget it was docker or docker2, it gets confusing. So basically I'd mapped the wrong things to the wrong places. Rookie mistake, I blame it on my concussion. :mad: