jail freenas network micro-cut

INFOLOGEEK

Cadet
Hello

canal_truenas.png
I installed TrueNAS Core 12.0 on an hp microserver gen 10, the nextcloud plugin and another jail but I have a lot of "micros-interruptions" during fews seconds in the jail network but not for TrueNAS.
I saw this while doing ssh to configure my jails.

The ip are static 192.168.1.0/24. Do you have any idea to help me?

network_nextcloudijail.png

Best regards

Steeve

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
According to the spec sheet, the HP MicroServer G10 has a Broadcom PHY, so your networking uses the bge driver. This driver is somewhat problematic in TrueNAS/FreeNAS. You may have just experienced symptoms of this in your jails. Alas, the only fix is to try a different NIC. Recommendation is to get an inexpensive Intel CT NIC; they run around $35-40 on Amazon. Beware the Chinese fakes, and validate any NIC's YottaMark or BradyID to make sure your NIC is genuine.

INFOLOGEEK

Cadet
Hello Samuel

This driver is somewhat problematic in TrueNAS/FreeNAS. You may have just experienced symptoms of this in your jails.
Yes just the connections to the jails, my ssh connection is not cut on TrueNAS.

Alas, the only fix is to try a different NIC. Recommendation is to get an inexpensive Intel CT NIC; they run around $35-40 on Amazon. Beware the Chinese fakes, and validate any NIC's YottaMark or BradyID to make sure your NIC is genuine.
Thank you for these precisions, I will buy another network card to test because I'm stuck.

Regards

Steeve