Its been a while. Totally confused, a little help please?

tio

Contributor
Ive just bought a new setup and decided to install TN12 onto it. All went well, i configured a Pool, made a share and even setup my username.

I can see the share, it accepts my login and password but for some odd reason its locked as read only. I cant transfer anything over what so ever and i don't know where ive gone wrong here.

Any help as to a primer for the new system please?

TIA

Good chance the permissions for the dataset that is shared are owned by root:wheel allowing others to read the directory, but not write to it. So, youll likely want to make this shared dataset owned by the user and or groups that are accessing this (root always can access). Or add an ACL rule for any users who need access.

Reactions: tio

tio

Contributor
Good chance the permissions for the dataset that is shared are owned by root:wheel allowing others to read the directory, but not write to it. So, youll likely want to make this shared dataset owned by the user and or groups that are accessing this (root always can access). Or add an ACL rule for any users who need access.
There must've been a change then as to how shares were made. I tried like an idiot to share the root pool and not the dataset which is why it kept locking me out. Ive now created a dataset and shared the dataset which is from memory 1 folder deep from root level.

Now to restore 8TB of data and setup plex again!