Freenas 8.3 and minidlna 1.0.22_3 setup help

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Are you using your FreeNAS IP address or the Jail IP Address (hint, it's the Jail IP).

fizzgig656

Contributor
Are you using your FreeNAS IP address or the Jail IP Address (hint, it's the Jail IP).

yes im using the plugin's jail ip. (set when installing the plugin jail)
Ive got the freeNAS ip which is DHCP and used to get to the freenas webgui.
i gave the plugin lail an ip of the same as the freenas but .42 on the end(same IP as i used on my last build and worked), this i assume is the "VM" type area just for the plugin, so all plugins with web access wouble be this ip with its own port?? this is the only plug in ive installed so far.
The uPnP which is discovered on other pc's has properties that point to this .42:8200.
I can ping the ip from any pc and get a response.

while having this problem not being able to access either the webgui or any pc;s seeing uPnP media i added 3 network interfaces into the network menu.
freeNAS lan is em0 (from memory) and set as DHCP
also got Bridge set as DHCP - is this the link from freenas to plugin jail?
also got epair0a (from memory) and also set as DHCP.

sorry its from memory but im sure you'll know which ones i mean, I did also try deleting these entry's all tried adding a default gateway. nothing seemed to help. but i can map to the media folder on my raidz and also see the mount point working as the media folder on the jail has the files.
even if the mount wasnt working i was expecting the webgui of .42:8200 showing 0 audio 0 video and 0 images.
any other thoughts, the minidlna is broadcasting as if i stop it i dont see it being discovered, then enable it, it becomes discovered.
dont tell me i need to user the hammer to crack the egg again, and reinstall freenas a fresh??

fizzgig656

Contributor

fizzgig656

Contributor
im taking the sledgehammer aproch again.

Status
Not open for further replies.