Issue after FreeNAS Upgrade 9.2.1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvesj

Explorer
I searched around a bit and didn't see anything that really helps me.

I upgraded to version 9.2.1.5. After the upgrade my volume (Media0) is locked (obviously this is expected) so I go to Volumes - Unlock - Enter my 'passphrase'. After the unlock occurs I get this message.

Environment: Software Version: FreeNAS-9.2.1.5-RELEASE-x64 (80c1d35) Request Method: POST Request URL: https://72.196.145.96/storage/volume/1/unlock/?X-Progress-ID=075df0fb-9dc9-4338-8a36-49e884741127 Traceback: File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in get_response 107. response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs) File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/freeadmin/middleware.py" in process_view 158. return login_required(view_func)(request, *view_args, **view_kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view 22. return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/storage/views.py" in volume_unlock 1006. form.done(volume=volume) File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/storage/forms.py" in done 2430. _notifier.restart(svc) File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/middleware/notifier.py" in restart 353. self._simplecmd("restart", what) File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/middleware/notifier.py" in _simplecmd 238. f() File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/middleware/notifier.py" in _restart_jails 458. self._start_jails() File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/middleware/notifier.py" in _start_jails 452. Warden().start(jail=jail.jail_host) File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/common/warden.py" in start 1072. return self.__call(warden_start(flags, **kwargs)) File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/common/warden.py" in __call 1021. tmp = obj.run() File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/common/warden.py" in run 447. raise warden_exception(msg) Exception Type: warden_exception at /storage/volume/1/unlock/ Exception Value: ifconfig: btsync: bad value arp: btsync: Unknown host Shared object "libintl.so.9" not found, required by "python2.7"

None of my plugins will start, which I read the data is wiped in an upgrade. So I manually start the jail which works, but the plugins still will not start. If I perform a reboot the media drive will again come up as locked.

warri

Guru

silvesj

Explorer
Ok, so I see it's a known issue. Can I correct this by redo'ing the setup? Re-creating the jails, etc.? Or is it just how it is?

joeschmuck

Old Man
Wouldn't you rather move back to your previous version of FreeNAS? Less painful to do providing you have a copy of your configuration backed up.

silvesj

Explorer
Well luckily I am new'ish to FreeNAS so I'm not too far along with stuff yet. All Ireally had setup was Plex and some shares... and I do have my settings backed up.

silvesj

Explorer
Ok, well since I had my data backed up. I started fresh. Wiped it out and did a new install. I reformatted the drive ZFS. However; I cannot get any CIFS shares to work.

I wanted to create a ZFS dataset but at this point I'm using the root volume to troubleshoot.

If I allow guest only it works.

I created the volume. Owner (root) group (wheel)

I created a user josh (group:wheel)

I created a share /mnt/media0

I keep getting access denied account is disabled. I verified in the user setup that the disable login is UNCHECKED.

silvesj

Explorer
***SOLVED***

More or less solved. All the issues I was having were solved by moving back to 9.2.1.4. Everything worked as it should, will have to wait till the next update becomes available to see what happens. But based on research it's mostly known bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.