iSCSI (zvol) Disk Full - How to reduce space (operation locked by vSphere 6.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubX

Explorer
FreeNAS setting:
9.10 u6, 2 x 4T WD Red mirror, zvol for iSCSI LUN (used as vSphere 6.5 datastore).

Issues:
vCenter Server, DC all running on that datastore, disk used over 90%. It crashed the vCenter server, so I have to reinstall one of the ESX host and vCenter server. However the datastore was locked, can't perform operation like migrate VM, power up VM, delete data on datastore to freeup space. Checked VMware side, doesn't have a working solution. Tried access FreeNAS directly to delete data, however it prompted operation failed due to input/output error.

Just wonder if there is a way to free up some data in that zvol or I have to format the disk (don't want to lose).

The other issue is that I was configuring iSCSI multipathing on vSphere 6.5 along with two NICs on FreeNAS, it seems that iSCSI multipathing works but there is issue to setup VC. I changed back to one iSCSI connection on FAS while two uplinks in vSphere. I will open up another support seperately.

Thanks and happy new year.

SubX

Explorer
Were you able to resolve the 2 issues?
Not yet.

Would like to know if there is a way to export my virtual machine files from the 85% full datastore resided on iSCSI zvol.

I have changed back the original iSCSI connection removing the iSCSI multi-pathing and one single NIC connection on FreeNAS. Will open up another post when I have more time to deal with that.

However the first one would be a more urgent to deal with so that I can have the important virtual machine back online.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.