ISCSI Service Failed to Start

mybase2

Cadet
Hi, I Freenas running on a Dell R720dx with pass thru RAID. The system was running great. I setup ISCSI targets and attached Vmware 6.7 the luns were recognized and I created datastore. Everything tested fine.

I noticed an update available to the newest version 11.2 U6. I read the release notes and saw a lot of bug fix so I decided to update the Freenas build. After updating to the lates build the ISCSI service will no longer start.

I reverted back to the previous build and the problem is the same. I restored the config from the bakup I took while doing the update. That also does not work.

Any advise as to where to look would be very helpful.

Thanks,

mybase2

Cadet
I am now able to get the service started by editing my vlan interface. I don't make any changes to it i just save as if I did. Then the service starts right up. Once started everthing works just fine.
When I reboot however it reverts back to the same the ISCSI service does not start.

D

dlavigne

Anything in /var/log/messages when the service does not start?

mybase2

Cadet
No there was nothing meaningful in the log files. I re-installed 11.2 U6 and (Fresh Install) and set everything up from scratch. The iscsi service is starting now but I notices that I am having an issue with one of the ipv4 address on the LAG interface.

The setup is I have 4 NICs. I created a single LAG interface using all 4 NICs. I added a management IP of 172.18.1.8 to the LAG interface. This works fine and allows me to login to the Freenas box just fine. I then create a vlan (vlan20). I then go to the interface tab and edit the vlan interface and add the following IPs 10.10.10.10, 10.10.20.20, and 10.10.30.30. This Vlan20 is specifically for iscsi to vmware hosts. Each time I reboot the Freenas server the 10.10.10.10 address does not get configured. Everything else is fine.

If I go to the vlan interface and click edit and then click save the address is configured (10.10.10.10) and everything works fine. This is only happening in 11.2 U6