FreeNAS 9.3 iSCSI Service not starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Criscoleet

Cadet
Hello all,

I am new to the FreeNAS community and this is my first time installing FreeNAS on a workstation box. I have just finished the installation of 9.3 and recognized my two 4TB hard drives. I am attempting to setup iSCSI however the service will not start. I have rebooted multiple times to no availability. Other services like CIFS seem to start without issue.

Attachments

• service.PNG
    service.PNG
    2 KB · Views: 236

Criscoleet

Cadet
Welp no responses, going to have to attempt a downgrade...9.3 is not starting services no matter what I try and also GUI seems a tad slow/unresponsive at times.

Update: Downgrading didn't seem to work at all, hmm. Would do a BIOS update on my MB but don't remember how...so now I am settings SATA operation to RAID and re-attempting 9.3

Update 2: Updated the BIOS to latest version for M3A78-CM. I tried installing FreeNAS 9.2.1.8 however got stuck at a mountroot> and db> command prompt....so retrying 9.3 again...

Update 3: Yeah....still nothing after 9.3. This is base image and just trying to start iSCSI without any additional configuration.

Last edited:

jgreco

Resident Grinch
See that nice red link "Forum Rules" ... ? At the top? Please do read if you would like anything resembling help.

Criscoleet

Cadet
K, after about 10 hours I found a resolution for my problem, I installed FreeNAS 9.3 STABLE from December 9th specifically file FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201412091831.iso.

/SOLVED

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.