Is my NAS 64 bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helsbino

Cadet
Hi everyone

Just setup my first NAS box. It's a Dual Core Celeron D with 8GBs of installed RAM. While the BIOS recognised all 8GBs (4x2GB sticks), The WebUI says I only have 3177MBs. The BIOS also says the system is Intel EM64T capable. I've installed the 64 bit version of FreeNAS, and it seems to be running fine.

Is my system 64 bit? If not, is it a problem that I have the 64 bit FreeNAS installed?

I really appreciate any help.

Regards

Helsbino

Cadet
The motherboard is a socket 775 D915GEV.
I couldn't find a model number for the CPU in the BIOS. I bought the machine second hand and don't have any documentation. Looking under the CPU cooler, it says 2L439412 A1666

Thanks for your help.

louisk

Patron
That is pretty classic for having either either 32bit OS or 32bit hardware. If you're sure you put 64bit FreeNAS on it, that means it's 32bit hardware.

b1ghen

Contributor
The motherboard is a socket 775 D915GEV.
I couldn't find a model number for the CPU in the BIOS. I bought the machine second hand and don't have any documentation. Looking under the CPU cooler, it says 2L439412 A1666

Thanks for your help.

I assume that you couldn't install the 64 bit version of your cpu wasn't 64 bit, it has never worked when I accidentally tried installing it on 32 bit hardware at least.

Although this is an interesting read about your motherboard: http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d915gev/sb/CS-027062.htm

It seems your motherboard only supports up to 4GB of RAM, what amount of RAM does it say you have in BIOS or during POST?

ProtoSD

MVP
Intel has a utility you can download that will identify your CPU and I *think* link you to a page with the specs for it. You'd have to search their site or google for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.