iocage upgrade traceback error 13.1-RELEASE

raidflex

Guru
So I recently upgraded to Truenas 13.0-RELEASE and I noticed when upgrading my jails to 13.1-RELEASE I receive the following traceback error, but the jails do actually seem to upgrade. All the jails I have are standard base jails, no plugins.

Code:
 iocage upgrade -r 13.1-RELEASE Monitoring
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/iocage", line 10, in <module>
    sys.exit(cli())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1128, in __call__
    return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1053, in main
    rv = self.invoke(ctx)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1659, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1395, in invoke
    return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/click/core.py", line 754, in invoke
    return __callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/iocage_cli/upgrade.py", line 40,in cli
    ioc.IOCage(jail=jail, skip_jails=skip_jails).upgrade(release)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/iocage_lib/iocage.py", line 2086, in upgrade
    new_release = ioc_upgrade.IOCUpgrade(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_upgrade.py", line330, in upgrade_basejail
    iocage_lib.ioc_exec.SilentExec(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_exec.py", line 268, in __init__

When I run an iocage list all the jails show 13.1-RELEASE and all jails are up and running without issues it seems. Should I be worried about this error for any reason?

Conza

Dabbler
Oof.

I have a VM that has a traceback error. Won't turn on; after upgrading. :eek:

Code:
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 138, in call_method
    result = await self.middleware._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=self,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1224, in _call
    return await self.run_in_executor(prepared_call.executor, methodobj, *prepared_call.args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1128, in run_in_executor
    return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 52, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 979, in nf
    return f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/vm.py", line 1599, in start
    self.vms[vm['name']].start(vm_data=vm)
KeyError: 'Secure'

raidflex

Guru
Oof.

I have a VM that has a traceback error. Won't turn on; after upgrading. :eek:

Code:
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 138, in call_method
    result = await self.middleware._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=self,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1224, in _call
    return await self.run_in_executor(prepared_call.executor, methodobj, *prepared_call.args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1128, in run_in_executor
    return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 52, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 979, in nf
    return f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/vm.py", line 1599, in start
    self.vms[vm['name']].start(vm_data=vm)
KeyError: 'Secure'

Yeah in my case its weird, because I have yet to experience any issues with the jails. I have 7 jails and have updated them all. When I run iocage list all of them show up as 13.1-RELEASE and if I login to the jail and check the FreeBSD version it is also correct.

I was also able to run a pkg upgrade and all the packages upgraded to their 13.1-RELEASE versions successfully in each jail.

So really not sure if this error is just some remanent of something left over after the upgrade or something.

Conza

Dabbler
I upgraded and think it messed up the VM. The memory was randomly no longer aligned. I edited, and assigned a few gb as standard. Restarted and back working. Odd.

raidflex

Guru
I upgraded and think it messed up the VM. The memory was randomly no longer aligned. I edited, and assigned a few gb as standard. Restarted and back working. Odd.
Yeah that sounds like bug.