Upgrading Plex from 11.2-RELEASE

rvassar

Guru
I'm trying to get my FreeNAS 11.3-RELEASE-p14 NAS ready for a jump to TrueNAS. One of the lingering issues is my Plex jail, it's stuck at 11.2-RELEASE. I've been putting this off, not wanting to deal with the re-authorizing every device, etc...

Attempting to bump the version is not successful:

Code:
root@hostname:/ # iocage upgrade plex -r 11.3-RELEASE
Snapshotting plex... 
Updating plugin INDEX... 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/iocage", line 10, in <module>
    sys.exit(cli())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 764, in __call__
    return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 717, in main
    rv = self.invoke(ctx)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1137, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 956, in invoke
    return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line 555, in invoke
    return callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/iocage_cli/upgrade.py", line 40, in cli
    ioc.IOCage(jail=jail, skip_jails=skip_jails).upgrade(release)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/iocage_lib/iocage.py", line 2072, in upgrade
    ).upgrade(jid)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 1331, in upgrade
    self.iocroot, 'jails', self.jail, f'{plugin_name}.json'
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/shutil.py", line 248, in copy
    copyfile(src, dst, follow_symlinks=follow_symlinks)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/shutil.py", line 120, in copyfile
    with open(src, 'rb') as fsrc:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/mnt/<pool>/iocage/.plugins/github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git/plex.json'
#

Anyone have any tips?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
11.3 is EOL. You have two choices. Either upgrade the jail to 11.4 or wait and upgrade the jail to 12.1 after you update to TrueNAS 12.

rvassar

Guru
11.3 is EOL. You have two choices. Either upgrade the jail to 11.4 or wait and upgrade the jail to 12.1 after you update to TrueNAS 12.

Yes, I know... The NAS is running 11.3-u5. But the jail is old, and refuses to update.

par

Explorer

rvassar

Guru
Following up... This seems to have worked. The renaming got a little weird. The CLI update claimed there was no update available, but the web UI upgrade claims success... We'll see what happens after the jump to TrueNAS.