iocage upgrade on community plugin - Jail not found

FJoeAZ

Dabbler
I have 2 plugins/jails built on 11.2-p15 and as I am running TrueNAS-12.0 I thought I should update them.

But the when I use the GUI to update they both give the error: Major ABI change detected, please run 'upgrade' instead.

So I attempted to do an iocage upgrade from the HOST CLI and they both give the error: jail 'JAILNAME_####' not found!
Where JAILNAME is the jail name and #### is some random 4 alphanumeric characters that changes every time I attempt to run the command.

I have looked high and low for what might cause this issue or how the command thinks the jail is called something other that what it is actually called.

I have done updates before and successfully upgraded other plugins/jails but these two seem to have a issue that escapes me.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
What does iocage list show ?

FJoeAZ

Dabbler
It shows the same names as in the UI and the names I am using to run the commands.

To reiterate and be clear this is what happens:

Code:
# iocage upgrade jailname
snapshoting jailname_####
jail 'jailname_####' not found!

Last edited:

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
so you have a jail that's really called "jailname" ? or you just don't want us to know which jails you are using?

You should be using the command like this:
iocage upgrade -r 12.2-RELEASE jailname

Also, you may not be able to do a straight upgrade... 11.2 was dead a long time ago and those jails should be 11.3 for the upgrades to work properly, I think.

You may just be better installing the plugins fresh and copying over/using the config from the old ones.

FJoeAZ

Dabbler
No I am just using jailname as a alias as the name of the jail is not as important as the issue.

And yes I have tried that command to be clear all of these commands result in the same error:
Code:
iocage upgrade jailname
iocage upgrade jailname -r 11.3-RELEASE
iocage upgrade jailname -r 11.4-RELEASE
iocage upgrade jailname -r 12.0-RELEASE
iocage upgrade jailname -r 12.1-RELEASE
iocage upgrade jailname -r 12.2-RELEASE

And I have fetched all of these releases in iocage in hopes that one might work.

If you think the actual plugin I am using would be of use I am happy to divulge but there is no info about this issue on the github repo for these community plugins with regards to the plugins I am using.

sretalla