iocage FreeNAS 11.1 - networking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennyvb8

Contributor
When ever I make a jail, it uses the same mac address as the main connection from the server, instead of making one of its own, this leaves my network not able to find or track communications from the mac address.
I was making a homebridge jail, no devices can see it, allow_raw_sockets=1 helps with the ping.
Is it vnet I should use?

On the old system on FreeNAS we used warden, where vimage and the sockets was enabled and that works?!?!
Point me in a direction please or help to make it available.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dlavigne

Are you using the old UI (which still uses warden) or the new UI (which is using iocage)?

Jacopx

Patron
These problem sames the same that has closed me outside of my system... Damn... I'm really far away and i can't access directly to my environment, both SSH and GUI are fucked up!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

RegularJoe

Patron
how do you use the old or new UI? All I see under jails is Jails/Storage/templates/Configuration

danb35

Hall of Famer
how do you use the old or new UI?
You go to the login screen of the web UI. By default you'll be on the old UI. If you want to use the new one, click the link at the bottom of the login screen that says "try the BETA UI" or something similar.

RegularJoe

Patron
that helped me make an iocage jail that fixed an issue I ran into on FreeNAS 11.1. Thanks for the pointer.

Kennyvb8

Contributor
how do you use the old or new UI? All I see under jails is Jails/Storage/templates/Configuration
at the login screen, you can press the "beta ui" and log in there, then go to jails and it will show and create etc. with iocage instead of warden... logout agian, and log back in to the old ui to use warden

Kennyvb8

Contributor
So i figured it Out.
Need to use vnet.

Code:
sudo iocage create -n nameofjail ip4_addr=vnet0|10.0.1.x/24 vnet=on allow_raw_sockets=1 defaultroutes=10.0.1.x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.