IOCAGE Datasets New UI

Status
Not open for further replies.

raidflex

Guru
So there are many settings for IOCAGE jails, but I cannot seem to find much if any documentation on these settings which really does not help. Where is the option to mount a dataset for the jail to access in the new UI? Considering that Warden jails being on 11.0 are EOL I would have expected more documentation on IOCAGE for the new UI since this is what is going to be supported going forward.

LotLits

Dabbler
I couldn't find it in the new UI. I don't think it's been added yet.

I've had success mounting datasets in iocage with the following from the command line:
Code:
iocage fstab -a <jail> /mnt/tank/data /mnt/data nullfs rw 0 0

Regarding the documentation, I wouldn't expect documentation on the new UI until sometime near it's official release (hopefully 11.2, I think)

danb35

Hall of Famer
Where is the option to mount a dataset for the jail to access in the new UI?
It isn't there; you need to do it at the CLI.

Ismael Duarte

Contributor
I couldn't find it in the new UI. I don't think it's been added yet.

I've had success mounting datasets in iocage with the following from the command line:
Code:
iocage fstab -a <jail> /mnt/tank/data /mnt/data nullfs rw 0 0

Regarding the documentation, I wouldn't expect documentation on the new UI until sometime near it's official release (hopefully 11.2, I think)

Do not forget the quotes
Code:
iocage fstab -a <jail> "/mnt/tank/data /mnt/data nullfs rw 0 0"

raidflex

Guru
I had a feeling it would need to be done through the CLI, I sure hope that once its setup I will not need to re-do it again when the new UI is complete. Do I need to create the mount points or folders in the jail first, or will the command automatically create these? Also what about passing permissions for specific users, I have multiple jails and certain jails have access to specific folders on a particular Dataset. I have it setup in a way that is more sure, so for example my Plex server does not have access to personal Datasets, folders or files. With warden I would need to create these accounts in the jail to allow r/w access to the mounted Dataset.

raidflex

Guru
So I setup the fstab config and added all users to the jail that were needed for access to these shares, but I cannot access/see any files in the shares. Fstab -l does show all the correct paths also.

EDIT: Not sure why but using the /mnt folder I was unable to access/view any files/folders, instead I mounted the folders directly in root or "/" which worked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.