how to iocage jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nasmart

Dabbler
Hi,
since 11.1 is almost out i thought i could try testing the new iocage jail plugins but i just cant find any good info about how to do that. From what i gathered the old UI still uses the old warden system but iocage jails and plugins should be manageable from the shell with limited support by the new UI.

I found the 11.1-rc1 doc but it only contains info about how to create new custom iocage jails, but nothing on premade iocage plugins and how to get and manage them.

So could anyone comment on the situation? Are the new plugins even a thing yet?

Last edited:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Question: Are the templates working and all that's needed is the infrastructure and repository to distribute them and integrate them in the GUI or is that part not available at all?

SavageAUS

Patron

SavageAUS

Patron
How old are the plugins?
Also transmission isnt working.
Invalid JSON file supplied, please supply a correctly formatted JSON file.

EDIT:
Using the instruction on github
iocage fetch --plugins --name "jenkins" ip4_addr="igb0|192.168.0.91/24"
cause the management address to add the /24 to the ip address causing the management button to not work, to get it to work i had to remove the /24 from the command.

Also how do we populate the available plugins in the new UI? At one point it was populated but now it is not.

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

This is all experimental (and mostly undocumented) as it's still a WIP and under active development until 11.2..

Status
Not open for further replies.