Integrating Samba4 to FreeNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickchacha

Cadet
Hello Team,
Is there anyone with some procedure (step by step) on how to go about on the above or better yet, would somebody with the know how this is supposed to be done expound more on below (Found it in the forum but it's taking long to get a reply so i though it's only wise to open a new thread. Maybe then i will get some quick response because am stuck)
Thanks
You have to make sure you are using an SSL certificate that is signed by a CA (even self-signed CA). The one that is generated by Samba will not work, so the easiest option I found is to create the CA and a certificate signed signed by the new CA in FreeNAS. Once you've created the CA and certificate, export the CA (private key is not needed) and export the certificate and private key, then copy those to your Samba server. In your Samba server's config you will need to add config options shown above with tls enable, tls cafile, tls certfile, tls keyfile. You will need to restart the Samba services after you've updated your configuration. I found that just reloading the config will not work for some reason.
I know this is coming in a bit late but would you kindly confirm where exactly we are supposed to copy the keys in Samba4. Are we supposed to add them on cert.pem or where exactly are they supposed to go. Thanks

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
What problem are you having? Why do you want to "integrate" Samba 4 in FreeNAS? FreeNAS has used Samba 4 for a long time now.

nickchacha

Cadet
What problem are you having? Why do you want to "integrate" Samba 4 in FreeNAS? FreeNAS has used Samba 4 for a long time now.
I have my enviroment running on Samba as DC and what i want to do it to import the users on AD to FreeNas which calls for ca (certificate) configurations for that to happen (or so i think). Am stuck there. Here is the error am getting (Copied from a different post)
index.php

D

dlavigne

Did you import the certificate of the AD server using System -> Certificates?

D

dlavigne

Did you generate them on the AD server? If so, import them using System -> Certificates.

Status
Not open for further replies.