Installed Syncthing successfully, but after a restart of the NAS it will no longer deploy/start

spiff72

Cadet
Hello all,

Quick background - I have been using Syncthing installed in a SFF PC running Linux for several years, and I love it...

I'm very new to using a NAS - and set up TrueNAS Scale 22.12.0 on a Terramaster F2-223 NAS. I got syncthing up and running after some stops and starts - took me a while to figure out how to set it up to use an external dataset/pool as the storage for it, but I had it all working, and spent the better part of a day getting several different PCs set up with syncthing and everything was synced up. Once I had all that done, I shut down the NAS to tweak the fan settings in the BIOS before I was going to move it back to its permanent location. I then restarted the NAS to make sure the fan was working as expected, and I realized that syncthing wasn't launching because the interface wouldn't load.

I happened to have an external monitor and KB connected to the NAS while I was doing the BIOS tweaks, and I was seeing frequent error messages as shown in the photo attached.

I then tried to click the three-dot menu for the app, and tried to open the shell, but got the error shown in the attached screen shot ("No Pools Found - At least one pool must be available to use apps").

I'm not sure how to proceed. It was all working perfectly for a while, but that reboot seemed to mess everything up.

I'm hoping someone may have suggestions for me. The NAS is operational otherwise, and just for grins I tried installing another app (Prism) and it seems to run fine. I also included a screen shot of the edit dialog for syncthing showing the reference to my data storage area.

Attachments

• IMG_2559.JPG
    IMG_2559.JPG
    461.6 KB · Views: 140
  • Screenshot_2022-12-23 19.54.59_qqUfzM.png
    Screenshot_2022-12-23 19.54.59_qqUfzM.png
    111.2 KB · Views: 145
  • Screenshot_2022-12-23 20.20.01_TOUSXa.png
    Screenshot_2022-12-23 20.20.01_TOUSXa.png
    314.1 KB · Views: 139