Syncthing unable to run after update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaFox

Explorer
I'm not sure when this happened, but at some point recently the Syncthing occurrence on my NAS seems to have stopped working. The jail is running, but attempts to "switch on" the plugin did not work (it would stay in the off position).

I tried launching it from the shell to get a better idea what the issue was, and I saw what looked like Syncthing trying to apply and update and then failing to start after that. So I figured the issue was the downloaded update was corrupt in some way. Not knowing how to clear that file out and start again, I opted to just unmount the storage and nuke the jail/plugin and start again. I didn't have a huge number of folders to relink to have the NAS back to being a working node.

I installed the plugin again and was able to reach initial web interface. I didn't take much more action as Syncthing indicated it was going to update to the current version. But when it went down it again, it failed to come back up. I didn't copy it out the first time, but I'm pretty sure I'm getting the exact same error in the shell I was before.
Code:
[Q56VM] 20:33:47 INFO: Automatic upgrade (current "v0.14.3" < latest "v0.14.45")
[Q56VM] 20:33:53 WARNING: Automatically upgraded to version "v0.14.45". Restarti
ng in 1 minute.																
[Q56VM] 20:33:57 INFO: New NAT port mapping: external TCP address 24.xxx.xx.xx:3
3229 to local address 0.0.0.0:22000.											
[Q56VM] 20:33:57 INFO: New NAT port mapping: external TCP address 24.xxx.xx.xx:3
8886 to local address 0.0.0.0:22000.											
[Q56VM] 20:33:57 INFO: Detected 2 NAT devices								  
[Q56VM] 20:34:08 INFO: Joined relay relay://107.xxx.xx.xx:443				  
[Q56VM] 20:34:53 INFO: Exiting												
[monitor] 20:34:53 INFO: Restarting monitor...								
panic: function not implemented												

goroutine 1 [running]:														
github.com/syncthing/syncthing/vendor/github.com/zillode/notify.newWatcher(0xc42
0062240, 0x80, 0xc420062240)													
	   /tmp/syncthing-e02d0de3/src/github.com/syncthing/syncthing/vendor/github
.com/zillode/notify/watcher_trigger.go:109 +0x1e8							  
github.com/syncthing/syncthing/vendor/github.com/zillode/notify.newTree(0xb5029d
, 0x17)																		
	   /tmp/syncthing-e02d0de3/src/github.com/syncthing/syncthing/vendor/github
.com/zillode/notify/tree.go:17 +0x4d											
root@syncthing_1:/ #						

Anyone know what the deal is here. Is the file Syncthing is downloading to upgrade with corrupt at the source? Or is there something else that is preventing the upgrade to go through.

Short of disconnecting my NAS from the internet after the initial install to change settings, I'm not aware of any way to stop the upgrade that doesn't work, since auto-upgrades are enabled by default. So it kinda leaves Syncthing unusable now (with a NAS node).

@SeaFox I have a feeling that you are using an older version of FreeNAS. That is likely causing the issue as there seems to be a function call that needs newer modules. If you have a snapshot of the plugin then I would roll back and then turn off updating. That will allow you to function for now unless there is an upgrade that brakes functionality between your version and the newer version.

https://github.com/syncthing/syncthing/issues/4806

SeaFox

Explorer
Looks like it is an issue, and the developer has a fix implemented. I'll try again after the next release with a new plugin install upgrading from 0.14.3 directly to 0.14.46.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.