SOLVED Installation on da4 has failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Howard

Contributor
I'm just setting up an installation for a friend and encountered the following issue. I've used active killdisk to wipe the 8gb USB drive and successfully mounted the ISO. I can't get passed the following message though.?

upload_2015-1-26_15-47-12.png

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
That's a classic installing to the drive you're installing from message, which is weird, since you say this was booted from the ISO.

Write protection switch on the drive or something? Bad drive?

Nick Howard

Contributor
I've tried it with two usb drives and get the same thing. But yes I'm installing it to the same usb drive I booted from. That should still work shouldn't it?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I've tried it with two usb drives and get the same thing. But yes I'm installing it to the same usb drive I booted from. That should still work shouldn't it?

No, that doesn't work. You're using IPMI, so just wipe the USB drive, mount the ISO with the iKVM application and install to the USB drive.

Nick Howard

Contributor
-

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Wrong place. Launch your Java KVM window and mount the ISO file from the options menu there.

danb35

Hall of Famer
But yes I'm installing it to the same usb drive I booted from. That should still work shouldn't it?
No, that should not work. Why would you expect to be able to overwrite your installer boot media?

Nick Howard

Contributor
No, that should not work. Why would you expect to be able to overwrite your installer boot media?

I don't know, I'd lost my mind!

Sorted now, cheers folks

Status
Not open for further replies.